One of the newer packages from Oracle is the Business Intelligence Foundation Suite (BIFS). The package consists of:
- Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher 11g
- The industry’s most scalable and easy-to-use solution for delivering high-fidelity, pixel-perfect reports in multiple formats
- Create and modify web-based reports from a 100% thin-client browser interface as well as design and publish high-volume reports using popular desktop tools
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g
- Create ad hoc queries, reports, and interactive dashboards
- Common enterprise information model provides centralized metadata management, common query request generation and data access, and a rich spectrum of visualization, collaboration, and search features
- Oracle Essbase
- The market-leading OLAP server for forward-looking analysis features and advanced calculation engine, multi-user write back capabilities, and flexible data storage options
- Ideal for scenario modeling, forecasting and planning, management reporting, and profitability analysis
- Oracle Scorecard and Strategy Management
- Set strategic goals and objectives that can be cascaded to every level of the organization and linked to key performance indicators so that performance can be measured, tracked, and managed
- Oracle Essbase Analytics Link
- Deliver effective management and financial analytic reporting to a broad user community by facilitating the real-time or on-demand transfer of financial information from Oracle Hyperion Financial Management to Oracle Essbase
So BIFS, in essence is a term for the collection of all of these products (which have existed for quite some time). However the strategic products in this package has value in it entirety by providing a cohesive single business Intelligence platform that can deploy all the associated capabilities and requirements of a EPM/BI system – reporting, dashboarding, scorecarding, analysis, modeling, and forecasting,etc. The idea is to get the ability to create reports and consume data without the reliance on IT.
For Hyperion users, what does this mean?
- Essbase can be used as a data source in dashboards along with any other data source such as EBS, PSFT, Siebel, SAP, BI Apps – all in the same dashboard splash screens.
- OBIEE Answers can be used as a front end for HFM as well.
- Drill through capable
- Much better ways to visualize data
Visualization capabilities include charts, graphs, geospacial views, interactive pivots, scorcarding views, etc – all with fantastic mobile integration with common hand held devices.
Considering EPM and BI especially for midsize companies, the common question is how to get started quickly and cheaply. How can companies lay the software down and get BIFS introduced to the organization in a useful way without breaking the bank?
Answer: Have Linium get BIFS up and running with the software installation, a starter application, a couple of dashboards, handful of reports and train you to take it from there!
This week, Linium introduced BIFS Fast Track. For an easy-to-swallow fixed fee, Linium will perform an accelerated low cost BIFS system that will…
- Install & configure OBIEE on a single server environment
- Setup 1 application that includes 1 year of data
- Setup 5 Analysis Views with Prompts
- Setup 2 Dashboards
- Setup 2 BI Publisher Reports
- Setup a flat file or 1 direct ODI integration
- Security for up to 10 users
- Conduct 2 days of knowledge transfer
- Conduct 2 days of end-user training
….All within 1 month!
Limited time offer. Please contact me for more information.